NEW JERSEY– Alaska and Montana were contributed to the Garden State's travel advisory list Tuesday.
Tourists from those states and 28 others are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days upon arrival.
3 areas (Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands) are also on the list.
The travel advisory applies to anyone getting here from a state with a COVID-19 favorable test rate greater than 10 per 100,000 residents or a state with a 10% or greater positivity rate over a seven-day rolling average.
The advisory includes travel by train, bus, cars and truck, aircraft and other techniques of transportation.
Travelers and those homeowners who are returning from impacted states should self-quarantine at their house, hotel, or other temporary lodging. Individuals need to leave the place of self-quarantine only to seek medical care/treatment or to get food and other essential products.
The state is asking tourists to finish a voluntary online surveyto provide details about where you are taking a trip from and your destination if you have taken a trip to, or are returning from, among the states that has been designated above.
Access the survey by visiting covid19.nj.gov/ njtravelor texting “NJTRAVEL” to 898211.
In August, Arizona, Delaware, Maryland, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, Washington and the District of Columbia were gotten rid of.
Exceptions (per Gov. Phil Murphy's office) for the recommendation are individuals that fulfill the following requirements:
- Who travelled through a designated state for a period of limited duration (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.
- Who are travelling through New Jersey on a stopover for a period of limited period (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.
- Who are taking a trip to New Jersey for business matters that are excused from the application of the travel advisory.
- Who are traveling to New Jersey and work in important infrastructure fields, such as healthcare and federal, state and regional law enforcement. Speak with your company relating to whether there is industry-specific assistance that may use to you.
The states/territories thought about under advisory consist of:
- Alabama (added 6/24/20)
- Alaska (re-added 9/1/20)
- Arkansas (added 6/24/20)
- California (added 6/30/20)
- Florida (added 6/24/20)
- Georgia (included 6/30/20)
- Guam (included 8/25/20)
- Hawaii (included 8/11/20)
- Idaho (included 6/30/20)
- Iowa (included 6/30/20)
- Illinois (included 7/28/20)
- Indiana (added 7/21/20)
- Kansas (added 7/7/20)
- Kentucky (included 7/28/20)
- Louisiana (added 6/30/20)
- Minnesota (re-added 7/28/20)
- Mississippi (included 6/30/20)
- Missouri (added 7/21/20)
- Montana (re-added 9/1/20)
- Nebraska (added 7/21/20)
- Nevada (added 6/30/20)
- North Carolina (included 6/24/20)
- North Dakota (included 7/21/20)
- Oklahoma (included 7/7/20)
- Puerto Rico (included 7/28/20)
- South Carolina (included 6/24/20)
- South Dakota (added 8/11/20)
- Tennessee (added 6/30/20)
- Texas (included 6/24/20)
- Utah (added 6/24/20)
- Virginia (included 7/21/20)
- Virgin Islands (added 8/11/20)
- Wisconsin (included 7/14/20)