CAMDEN, NJ– Originally set to wrap up at the end of August, Camden County and the Touch New Jersey Food Alliance have actually extended their food circulations through October.
The next food drive, to help families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph's Cathedral (2907 Federal St.).
“As the pandemic extends into the fall and citizens remain sidelined from gainful work these food circulations become more vital in nature,” said Freeholder Carmen Rodriguez. “We will not let the financial impact of this pandemic force families to go starving.”
Over 1,200 boxes of food will be on hand Friday, with each box containing 24 pounds of supplies. Officials stated the Camden County Public Education Team will also be offered to help the general public complete the 2020 Census.
Walk-up participants to Friday's event, which is on a first-come-first-serve basis, are encouraged to bring a cart or wagon (restricted to two boxes). Anybody driving will be able to receive as lots of as four boxes.
Previously this month, Touch NJ put a call out for volunteers in addition to a refrigerator/freezer and van/truck.
“For the previous 17 years, TOUCH has actually been working to bring food to our next-door neighbors in need. This year, in the midst of the pandemic, we are pushing ourselves harder than ever before to expand our services and meet the growing need for fresh and healthy food,” checks out a statement from the non-profit. “Whatever takes place, we'll be out there every week, putting our resources to work for our community. If you support our mission, please kept reading to see if you have any connections or resources you can share.”
Check out more here.
The schedule of upcoming food drives is as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 4, Wayne Bryant Community Center, 323 Charleston Ave, Lawnside
- Friday, Sept. 11, Antioch Baptist Church, 690-700 Ferry Ave, Camden
- Friday, Sept. 18, Lindenwold Memorial Park, 1000 United States Ave, Lindenwold
- Friday, Sept. 25, St. Joseph's Pro-Cathedral, 2907 Federal Street, Camden
- Friday, Oct. 2, Pennsauken Soccer Complex, 1601 Bethel Ave, Pennsauken
- Friday, Oct. 9, Antioch Baptist Church, 690-700 Ferry Ave, Camden
- Friday, Oct. 16, Parkview at Collingswood, 700 Browning Road, Collingswood *
- Friday, Oct. 23, St. Joseph's Pro-Cathedral, 2907 Federal Street, Camden
- Friday, Oct. 30, Camden County College, Blackwood Campus, Lot 6