CAMDEN COUNTY, NJ– Camden County will be under a heat advisory from twelve noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday as peak heat indexes are anticipated to reach in between 100 and 104 degrees, officials announced.
“As we continue to combat this stretch of severe heat in our area, it is vital that we continue to look at our susceptible pals, family, and neighbors to make sure that they are safe and cool in these dangerous conditions,” Freeholder Carmen Rodriguez, intermediary to the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services, stated. “When temperature levels rise to hazardous levels, keep in mind to remain inside as much as possible, drink lots of water, and call a doctor if you or a liked one is revealing signs of heat stress.”
To prevent heat-related health problem, the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services recommends the following:
- Avoid, as much as possible, working or playing in the hot sun or other hot areas. If you should be out in the sun, use a head covering. A wide-brimmed hat or visor will not only protect your head from extreme rays of the sun, it will likewise supply a guard for your eyes.
- Use air-conditioners and fans. Open windows to launch trapped hot air.
- Those taking regular medication must consult with their doctor. Some medications trigger a negative reaction in hot weather.
- Use lightweight clothing.
- Consume plenty of non-alcoholic liquids, warm and cool. Due to the fact that the body loses fluids in the heat, drinking lots of liquids assists to avoid dehydration.
- Maintain a regular diet.
- Shower or shower in water that is near skin temperature.
- Do not leave older individuals, kids or animals alone in automobiles.
- Make sure your animals also have lots of fresh drinking water.
- The early indication of heat tension are reduced energy, small loss of appetite, faintness, light-headedness and nausea. Individuals experiencing these signs must go to a cool environment, drink liquids, eliminate excess clothing and rest.
Serious signs of heat stress consist of unconsciousness, rapid heart beat, pulsating headache, dry skin, chest discomfort, mental confusion, irritation, throwing up, diarrhea, muscle cramps, incredible and difficulty breathing. People experiencing these signs need to get to instant medical attention. While awaiting help, move the person to a cool location, eliminate excess clothes, spray with water, and fan the individual. In an emergency, dial 911.
The projection for the rest of the week in Camden County is as follows, according to the National Weather Service:
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Mainly bright, with a high near 94. Heat index worths as high as 102. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, other than higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
A possibility of showers and thunderstorms, mainly prior to midnight. Mainly cloudy, with a low around 74. West wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall quantities of less than a tenth of an inch, except greater quantities possible in thunderstorms.
A slight possibility of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm. Mainly warm, with a high near 92. Light northwest wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Primarily clear, with a low around 73. Southwest wind around 5 mph ending up being calm in the evening.
A minor possibility of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mainly bright, with a high near 93. Calm wind ending up being southwest around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. Possibility of rainfall is 20%.
A possibility of showers and thunderstorms, generally in between 8pm and 2am. Primarily cloudy, with a low around 73. Possibility of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall quantities of less than a tenth of an inch, except greater amounts possible in thunderstorms.
An opportunity of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Partially cloudy, with a low around 70.
Mainly warm, with a high near 89.
Partially cloudy, with a low around 71.
An opportunity of showers and thunderstorms. Partly bright, with a high near 88. Possibility of rainfall is 40%.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 73. Opportunity of precipitation is 40%.